Process for Participation of Graduation in SMAC-BAPB Graduation Program-Guide for Teachers and Parents
What's New for Spring 2022:
Registration: uploading of google links required
Graduation pieces and payment are done simultaneously in one form.
Registration deadline: March 25th, 2022
Eligibility for Particiption:
|I. Graduation Teacher Application|
1. Teachers, take note of the number of students participating in each Level. Send this information by email to Kent Tchii, Graduation Chair (email@example.com) two months before the Graduation concert.
1. Teachers or parents record a videotaped performance of their student(s) that includes all of the pieces listed for their specific Graduation Levels. In order to ensure student's success, participant's recorded performance must be fluent and without stops. The book or music score should not be on the piano while recording.
Read more on preparing for recording Guidelines for Video Recording for SMAC-BAPB Graduation Recital
2. Upload the recording to Google Drive or YouTube. IMPORTANT: Test the links. (Click on 'Watch Tutorial' button)
III. Teachers: Choose a Viewing Evaluation Session
1. Contact the teacher host for the Viewing Evaluation Session you wish to attend.
Pick first and second choices for the viewing evaluation session you wish to attend. The second choice is necessary to ensure that viewing sessions will have a manageable amount of videos. You will be notified if it is necessary to attend your second choice viewing session.
Schedule of Viewing Evaluation Sessions for 2021 Spring Graduation
1. March 25th, 2022 @ 6 pm --Contact Kent Tchii
3. March 29th 2022 @ 2 pm-Contact Phyllis Pan
Last day for weekend Evaluation Session: 3/31/2022
Spring Graduation: April 30, 2022 2:00 --6 pm
2. Submit the recording links using the registration form link by the due date located in the home page.
Guest Pianists registration form: Contact Barbie Wong
3. Make sure that parents have paid the Graduation fee online. The payment deadline is two days before the Viewing Evaluation Session date. Teachers will be informed if they still have students who have not paid two days before the Viewing Evaluation Session.
IV. Teachers: Attend the Viewing Evaluation Session. This is a requirement.
The recordings are viewed and the teachers attending that session make recommendations for each student's performance. These are written on the evaluation form and given to the teacher at the session so that they can give the comments to the student. All participating teachers are required to take part in the viewing and evaluation process. Come prepared to share ideas and to help each other, as we all know that making a decent recording is the most difficult part of the graduation process!
For Evaluation Hosts Only:
Contact Barbie Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the roster of students which will have these information:
|STUDENT'S NAME, LEVEL, LENGTH OF PIECE (MINUTES' SECONDS"), AGE, TEACHER|
Evaluators decide which piece the student will perform for the Graduation Recital.
| V. After the Viewing Evaluation Sessions|
1. The student student prepares and practices according to the evaluation comments.
2. The concert program is e-mailed to all participating teachers approximately 3 weeks before the concert. Notify the Graduation Director of corrections to the program as soon as possible.
3. Participating teachers are to help with all aspects of the Graduation including the set-up, emceeing, adjusting bench and footstool, assisting in the awards ceremony and clean-up. Volunteer list will be sent out with the concert program for sign-up.
4. Participating teachers must attend the concert. Please arrive one hour before the concert for stage set-up and concert organization.
Back to Graduation Program