|I. Graduation Teacher Application|
1. Take note of number of students participating in each Level. Send this information by email to Kent Tchii, Graduation Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) two months before the Graduation concert.
Deadline for Fall 2020 Graduation count:
1. Teachers or parents record a videotaped performance of their student(s) that includes all of the pieces listed for their specific Graduation Levels. In order to ensure student's success, participant's recorded performance must be fluent and without stops. The book or music score should not be on the piano while recording.
Read more on preparing for recording Guidelines for Video Recording for SMAC-BAPB Graduation Recital.pdf
2. Upload the recording to Google Drive or YouTube. IMPORTANT: Test the links. (Click on 'Watch Tutorial' button)
III. Choose a Viewing Evaluation Session
1. Contact the teacher host for the Viewing Evaluation Session you wish to attend.
Pick first and second choices for the viewing evaluation session you wish to attend. The second choice is necessary to ensure that viewing sessions will have a manageable amount of videos. You will be notified if it is necessary to attend your second choice viewing session.
Schedule of Viewing Evaluation Sessions for 2020 Fall Graduation
1. Oct. 2, 10:00 am - Host: Kathy Brown
Last day for weekend Evaluation Session: October 4, 2020
Fall Graduation: November 8, 2020 via Zoom
2. Submit the recording links using this form:
(Click on Video Submission Form for Evaluations button)
3. Make sure that parents have paid the Graduation fee online (Link: Pay Graduation Application) , which is $35 per student. The payment deadline is two days before the Viewing Evaluation Session date. Teachers will be informed if they still have students who have not paid two days before the Viewing Evaluation Session.
IV. Attend the Viewing Evaluation Session. This is a requirement.
The recordings are viewed and the teachers attending that session make recommendations for each student's performance. These are written on the evaluation form and given to the teacher at the session so that they can give the comments to the student. All participating teachers are required to take part in the viewing and evaluation process. Come prepared to share ideas and to help each other, as we all know that making a decent recording is the most difficult part of the graduation process!
For Evaluation Hosts Only:
Contact Barbie Wong (email@example.com) for the roster of students which will have these information:
|STUDENT'S NAME, LEVEL, LENGTH OF PIECE (MINUTES' SECONDS"), AGE, TEACHER|
Evaluators decide which piece the student will perform for the Graduation Recital.
| V. After the Viewing Evaluation Sessions|
1. The student records the Recital piece by video, following the Guidelines for Recording (click on button).
2. Uploaded the recording onto Google Drive. IMPORTANT: Test the link, make sure it works. (Click on 'Watch Tutorial' button)
3. Submit Google Drive link using this form: (Click 'Final Recital Video Submission')
Recital video is due on October 25.
Graduation Recital is on November 8, afternoon time TBD.
Back to Graduation Program
It is the responsibility of the teacher to decide at which level a student should enter the Graduation Program.
Attention, Teachers and Parents!
What's new for Fall 2020 Graduations...
Fall Graduation Recital will be held by Zoom.
Take note that video recording and submission for the Graduation process will be done in 2 phases:
Phase 1: Recording the required pieces for Graduation Evaluation consisting of Graduation piece and second piece. For students who will audition a piece outside of Suzuki repertoire starting at Level 4, there will be 3 required pieces. Check the required pieces in this page: Graduation Levels
Recordings for Evaluation will be submitted either as a YouTube link or a link to a Google Drive file with the uploaded videos. IMPORTANT: Test the links before submission.
Phase 2: Recording the Recital piece (1 piece) chosen by evaluators. Upload the recording onto Google Drive and submit the link. IMPORTANT: Test the link before submission.
Follow this streamlined guide to accomplish these requirements for Fall Graduation, complete with links to the forms you will use to submit your recording links : (Click on 'Fall Graduation Recital 2020 Checklist' button)
You will find deadline dates for payment and submissions in the Home Page.
We eagerly look forward to excellent performances by Suzuki students!