|I. Graduation Teacher Application|
1. Take note of number of students participating in each Level. Send this information by email to Kent Tchii, Graduation Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) two months before the Graduation concert.
1. Teachers or parents record a videotaped performance of their student(s) that includes all of the pieces listed for their specific Graduation Levels. In order to ensure student's success, participant's recorded performance must be fluent and without stops. The book or music score should not be on the piano while recording.
Read more on preparing for recording Guidelines for Video Recording for SMAC-BAPB Graduation Recital.pdf
2. Upload the recording to Google Drive or YouTube. IMPORTANT: Test the links. (Click on 'Watch Tutorial' button)
III. Teachers: Choose a Viewing Evaluation Session
1. Contact the teacher host for the Viewing Evaluation Session you wish to attend.
Pick first and second choices for the viewing evaluation session you wish to attend. The second choice is necessary to ensure that viewing sessions will have a manageable amount of videos. You will be notified if it is necessary to attend your second choice viewing session.
Schedule of Viewing Evaluation Sessions for 2021 Spring Graduation
Last day for weekend Evaluation Session:
Spring Graduation: June 6, 2021, 2:00 pm via Zoom
2. Submit the recording links using this form:
Guest Pianists registration form is different:
3. Make sure that parents have paid the Graduation fee online, which is $35 per student. The payment deadline is two days before the Viewing Evaluation Session date. Teachers will be informed if they still have students who have not paid two days before the Viewing Evaluation Session.
IV. Teachers: Attend the Viewing Evaluation Session. This is a requirement.
The recordings are viewed and the teachers attending that session make recommendations for each student's performance. These are written on the evaluation form and given to the teacher at the session so that they can give the comments to the student. All participating teachers are required to take part in the viewing and evaluation process. Come prepared to share ideas and to help each other, as we all know that making a decent recording is the most difficult part of the graduation process!
For Evaluation Hosts Only:
Contact Barbie Wong (email@example.com) for the roster of students which will have these information:
|STUDENT'S NAME, LEVEL, LENGTH OF PIECE (MINUTES' SECONDS"), AGE, TEACHER|
Evaluators decide which piece the student will perform for the Graduation Recital.
| V. After the Viewing Evaluation Sessions|
1. The student records the Recital piece by video, following the Guidelines for Recording.
2. Upload the recording onto Google Drive. IMPORTANT: Test the link, make sure it works. (Click on 'Watch Tutorial' button)
3. Submit Google Drive link using this form: https://form.jotform.com/210865349072963
Recital video is due on May 23.
Back to Graduation Program
It is the responsibility of the teacher to decide at which level a student should enter the Graduation Program.